Views: 0 Author: katreenipump Publish Time: 2023-04-11 Origin: Site
Difference between self priming centrifugal pumps and ordinary centrifugal pumps
1. Different startup methods
Centrifugal pump: Both the inlet pipe and the pump body need to be filled with water during startup.
Self priming centrifugal pump: Inject a certain amount of starting circulating water into the pump body during startup.
2. Different devices
Self priming centrifugal pump: The lower end of the inlet pipe only has a filter screen installed without a bottom valve.
Centrifugal pump: A bottom valve must be installed at the lower end of the inlet pipe, and an air extraction device must be installed at the outlet.
3. Different compositions
A centrifugal pump is composed of six parts: impeller, pump body, pump shaft, bearing, sealing ring, and packing box.
The self priming pump consists of five parts: suction chamber, liquid storage chamber, vortex chamber, return hole, and gas-liquid separation chamber.
4. Different uses
Self priming pump:
(1) Equipped with a rocker nozzle, the water can be flushed into the air and dispersed into small raindrops for spray.
It is a good machine for farms, nurseries, orchards and vegetable gardens.
(2) Suitable for clean water, seawater, chemical media liquids with acidity and alkalinity, and slurries with general paste.
(3) It can be used in conjunction with any model and specification of filter press, and is an ideal pump for filtering when feeding slurry to the filter press.
(1) Suitable for liquid conveying, cooling systems, industrial cleaning systems, aquaculture farms, fertilization systems, metering systems, and industrial equipment.
(2) It can be widely used in industries such as power, metallurgy, coal, building materials, etc. to transport slurry containing solid particles.
5. Advantages differ
Self priming pump: compact structure, easy operation, stable operation, easy maintenance, high efficiency, and long service life.
Centrifugal pump: Compact structure, wide range of flow and head, suitable for mild corrosive liquids, with uniform flow rate,
smooth operation, low vibration, no need for special shock absorption of foundation and equipment installation, and low maintenance and repair costs.
6. During operation, centrifugal pumps with the same performance parameters usually have lower efficiency and poor cavitation
performance compared to self priming centrifugal pumps.
7. A self priming pump may be a centrifugal pump, but a centrifugal pump may not necessarily be a self priming pump.